Please review the following instructions when applying to the North Shore Hebrew Academy. The application period begins on September 23, 2019 and the application deadline for 2020-2021 is November 27, 2019.
- Complete your online application here or download a paper application form here. If you choose to submit a paper application, send the completed application to Registrar Eva Nisanov at 16 Cherry Lane, Great Neck, NY 11024 by November 27.
- All applicants to the Early Childhood program (Toddler – Kindergarten) require an observation/screening with an Early Childhood staff member, and all applicants to the Elementary and Middle Schools (Grades 1-8) are administered an admissions test.
- One or both parents of new family applicants will meet with members of the NSHA Administration as part of the application process. These short meetings may be scheduled to take place during the student evaluation when schedules permit or at an alternate time.
- Admissions letters are mailed after evaluations and parent meetings have been completed and the Admissions team has convened. A letter of commitment from the accepted applicant parents, together with a non-refundable deposit, must be received within 10 days of the acceptance letter being sent.
- School contracts with tuition schedules are mailed in May to accepted families who have secured their admission with the deposit. To request financial assistance, please contact NSHA Executive Director Arnie Flatow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contracts and payments must be submitted by July 1.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Registrar Eva Nisanov at (516) 487-8687 ext. 121 or email@example.com.