At NSHA, we are a team of educators who are passionate about inspiring our 600+ students. Through expert instruction, collaboration and creativity we provide our students with the tools to become problem solvers, innovators, leaders and impactful citizens of the Jewish and secular world.
Candidates must have a passion for education, classroom experience, and advanced degrees. To apply for a position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now Hiring for September 2020
- Middle School Modern Jewish History Teacher – An incredible opportunity for an educator with a passion for classroom teaching and curriculum development. This individual will work closely with school administrators and partner with outside consultants to develop and teach a new modern Jewish history curriculum including the teaching of Holocaust and Modern Israel.
- Middle School STEAM Program/Makerspace Designer and Teacher – NSHA seeks an innovative teacher who is excited about the opportunity to design and teach a curriculum that focuses on developing creativity and empowering students to affect the world through making, including engineering principles and student-led projects.
- Middle School English Language Arts Teacher – Applicant should be passionate about literacy, and the teaching of reading novels and writing to middle school students.
- Middle School Judaic Studies Teachers – (Applicants must be able to teach Ivrit b’Ivrit)
- Elementary School Reading Specialist – Applicant should have experience with a variety of Reading Interventions such as Fundations, Wilson, LLI, and/or PAF and should be skilled at assessing students using the Fountas & Pinnell Benchmark Assessment System.
- Art Teacher – Grades 6-8
For over sixty years, the North Shore Hebrew Academy has provided the students of the Great Neck community and the surrounding area with a premier General and Judaic studies education. Our Modern Orthodox Yeshiva day school serves toddlers through twelfth graders in co-educational classes; our curriculum drives academic excellence, intellectual pursuit and open discussion, support of all learners, and kindness toward others.
NSHA offers competitive salaries and benefits.